Not only does Apollo offer a complete line of e-cigs and vaping gear, but they feature a full range of quality, US-made smoke juice. Apollo offers over 40+ different flavors, with a wide assortment of traditional, dessert and fruit-flavored blends. Priced on the semi-affordable side, it may not be considered “craft,” but Apollo’s e-juice is a quality option that’s definitely worth considering.
About Apollo E-Juice
Made with only the highest-quality, US-sourced ingredients, Apollo e-liquid is fully developed in Northern California by a professional team of “mixologists.” Apollo has grown rapidly over the past few years and is well-known for their e-cigs, but e-liquid has become just as big of a focus. They adhere to strict quality control guidelines commonly found in the food industry, and from recipe development to bottling, detailed safety protocols are followed to throughout to ensure quality and consistency.
All Apollo e-liquids are made with the following:
- USP Grade PG and VG
- Kosher and Food Safe Ingredients
- 99% Laboratory Grade Nicotine
Our Opinion Of Apollo’s Products
With over forty different flavors and a variety of limited edition e-juices available throughout the year, Apollo has an excellent assortment of choices that are sure to appeal to every type of vaper. Their tobacco, menthol and dessert menus continue to grow, and their huge list of fruit-flavors is robust and complete. As one of the first companies featured on our website, we have a decent amount of experience with Apollo’s e-liquid and the overwhelming consensus by our team is positive. Apollo’s flavor execution is excellent and the 50/50 PG/VG mix produces the perfect combination of flavor and vapor. For this particular review, we purchased six 15ml bottles at 6mg nicotine. After a month of steeping, here are our thoughts:
- Baja Burst (4.5/5) – A refreshing mix of lime and other citrus-y fruit notes, Baja burst can be best described as a cross between a margarita and Mountain Dew. It’s lightly tangy on inhale, without the acid-y burn of some citrus flavors, and finishes off with a subtle layer of sweetness.
- Banana Cream (3/5) – We have a fair share of experience with high-end, premium banana flavors, so we struggled to accurately rate this e-juice. It’s certainly not as rich or flavorful as a more premium (and expensive!) “craft” product, but it’s not a bad flavor either. A bit soft on the flavor side, if you’re looking for a light and creamy option, it might be worth a try.
- Berry Blend (3.5/5) – A nice mixture of berries that tasted smooth and natural; tangy blackberry upon inhale with a mildly sweet raspberry aftertaste. It would have rated higher, but Apollo’s Razzle e-juice is a similar option that we think is a little bit better than the Berry Blend.
- Blueberry Kona (2/5) – This was definitely the worst flavor in the bunch, probably because coffee flavors aren’t something that our team generally gravitates towards. It sounded interesting at first, but something about sweet blueberry mixed with coffee didn’t sit well with us. Not much blueberry at all… mostly coffee! If you like coffee flavors, maybe you’ll like this one…
- Mango Peach (4.5/5) – One of our favorite Apollo flavors, just like the name implies, Mango Peach is a nicely balanced mix of tasty fruit flavors. It has a slightly tropical feel with it’s citrus-y, mango base, while the peach provides a smooth and crisp finish. It has just the right amount of subtle sweetness, combined with yummy, fruity tropical goodness.
- RY4 (4/5) – RY4 is a popular tobacco blend offered by many e-juice companies. Apollo’s RY4 is one of the better varieties we’ve tried, a well-balanced blend of tobacco with mild hints of caramel and vanilla. Even if you’ve moved beyond tobacco flavors, RY4 is a delicious option worth considering. A sweet, tobacco blend bordering on dessert.
- Watermelon (4.5/5) – Our first experience with Apollo’s e-juice came in the form of their Watermelon flavor provided with a sample during one of our product reviews. It remains one of our favorites, and we’ve recommended multiple times to vapers just starting out. Everyone agrees that it’s a smooth and refreshing vape with just the right amount of subtle, watermelon sweetness. Not your overly sweet, Bubbalicious-type of flavor, it’s more natural and authentic, with a light melon-y aftertaste.
Apollo places a big emphasis on their full line of quality e-cigs and vaping gear, but they do an excellent job of producing accurate, great-tasting e-juice flavors as well. Nearly all of the products we’ve tested were exactly as described and tended to be on the lighter, daily vape side of the spectrum. Nothing super complex here, but the flavors they do offer are done well. Even though we’re not particularly fond of every option (ie: Blueberry Kona), individual flavor preferences vary and overall Apollo seems to do an excellent job with their full selection of e-juice.
Unfortunately, they don’t offer 100% VG or other PG/VG blends like some of the more exclusive e-juice companies, but if you prefer 50/50 PG/VG, or just want to keep things simple, then Apollo is definitely worth a shot. 50/50 PG/VG is a popular option because it provides a well-balanced mix of flavor and thick clouds of vapor, but if you have another preference or need more detailed customization options, then a more exclusive e-juice company (like MBV) may be a better fit.
Expert Flavor Feedback…
Apollo has some nice fruit-flavored choices. It’s tough to choose a favorite, but if I had to pick I’d say the Watermelon and Mango Peach are the best. The Strawberry (from a previous test) tastes slightly artificial, but still enjoyable, and I really like Baja Burst and Razzle. Blueberry Kona Coffee is absolutely horrible! Not sure who decided to create this flavor, but it’s pretty disgusting in my opinion. Overall, most of the options I’ve tried offer the right amount flavor, with plenty of vapor. At 6mg nicotine, the throat hit is mild… like I prefer. – Christopher Arthur