Mt. Baker Vapor is one of the most widely known e-juice suppliers in the country, offering a huge range of nearly 100 flavors at some of the lowest prices around. Each order is mixed fresh to your exact specifications: you choose PG/VG ratio, nicotine level and even the amount of flavoring. Some testing may be necessary, but MBV has a lot of choices and the prices are hard to beat.
More About Mt. Baker Vapor
Founded in 2009, Mt. Baker Vapor has rapidly grown into one of the nation’s leading e-juice suppliers. Their story begins like many companies: a DIY’er mixes a few flavors for his friends and it quickly develops into a thriving business. With over a dozen employees, a warehouse in Bellingham, WA and new retail locations in the works, Mt. Baker is a trailblazer, offering one of the widest and most complete selections of e-juice around.
Mt. Baker Vapor produces almost 100 flavors in a variety of bottle sizes, nicotine strengths and PG/VG blends. Their e-juice is handcrafted in the United States with only the finest quality ingredients, including USP grade PG/VG and American-made, Kosher-grade flavorings. All Mt. Baker Vapor e-liquid is 100% Diacetyl free.
Our Mt. Baker E-Liquid Review
Before we get into the product itself, one of most obvious things you’ll notice about Mt. Baker Vapor’s e-juice is their extremely competitive low prices. How can they sell a 30ml bottle for $7.49 when many vendors are selling the same amount of e-liquid for double, triple or even more? The simple answer is VOLUME… and a commitment to providing the lowest prices available. Not only do they offer 15ml and 30ml sizes, but you can buy a 50ml bottle – or a huge 236ml bottle for GIGANTIC SAVINGS.
There isn’t a whole lot that you’ll find at other vendors that you won’t find at Mt. Baker Vapor. They use many of the same high-quality ingredients and offer a huge selection of flavors; the big difference is they leave the fine-tuning their customers and the flavor profiles are relatively simple. There are certainly a few exceptions, and the new Gwar line is undoubtedly more complex and layered, but Mt. Baker Vapor isn’t what we would consider a premium or “craft” e-juice maker.
With that being said, they have dozens of flavor choices and you’ll certainly find some winners. It would be impossible to say we’re full-blown experts on MBV, but the three members of our team have experimented with Mt. Baker before, so for this review we picked 10 flavors that most had never purchased. From past experience we knew that extra flavor shots were worth the cost ($0.25 each), so each bottle received two shots and we let them steep for 2 weeks.
We picked 50/50 PG/VG for our first five choices, and 70/30 PG/VG for the rest. As you’d expect, the higher PG e-liquid produced slightly more throat hit, while the VG-rich e-juice was definitely stronger in the vapor department. After 24 hours with each Mt. Baker flavor, here is what we thought:
- Apple Rings (3/5) – Described like the convenience store candy, we chose Apple Rings because of it’s sweet, candy-like description and positive reviews. It’s definitely on the sweeter side, although it was a bit tangier than we expected, more like tart green apple than a convenience store treat. Certainly a tasty e-juice, but a few of us could have used a little less sour.
- Banana Nut Bread (4.5/5) – We tend to enjoy banana flavors, and MBV did an excellent job with this one. Very accurate, with a soft banana backdrop and hints of walnut-y goodness. Smooth, delicious and well-balanced, it’s a great stand-alone flavor or mixed with other desserts.
- Cinnamon Roll (5/5) – Cinnamon Roll was probably the biggest standout, with strong support from everyone on our team. A mix of mildly sweet cinnamon, buttery dough and vanilla frosting, it’s exceptionally good! A well-balanced blend of flavors that makes a great all-day-vape. Tastes just like a cinnamon roll! We ordered a few more refills after our sample was gone…
- Blue Moo (4.5/5) – Coming in a close second, Blue Moo was a tasty blend of blueberries and cream that we thoroughly enjoyed. The soft, creamy base was a perfect compliment to the natural blueberry flavoring. Produced nice clouds of vapor at 50/50 PG/VG, with a subtle throat hit and the perfect amount of fruity sweetness. Definitely recommended.
- Coconut Cream Pie (2/5) – Another creamy blend that seemed appealing at first, Coconut Cream Pie lacked the depth of Blue Moo and left us completely disappointed. Since coconut tends to be a subtle flavor, more vanilla should have been used to deepen and enrich this e-juice, which was “bland,” to put it lightly. It was like puffing on 2% milk with virtually no flavoring.
- Pear (4/5) – Mt. Baker’s Pear flavor is accurate, mellow and sweet, and even though it’s relatively simple, it’s a well-executed flavor that we’d definitely recommend. An excellent all-day-vape that won’t overwhelm your taste buds, it has the perfect amount of lingering sweetness and was surprisingly tasty. Very consistent and easy-to-vape, we will certainly buy it again.
- Razzleberry (3.5/5) – Razzleberry seems to get great reviews, and it’s certainly not bad, but a few of us thought it could have used a bit more flavor. Vanessa thought it was tasty and sweet, and there are certainly fans of this e-juice, so maybe it’s a matter of preference. A light raspberry mix that may or may not satisfy your berry cravings. Get some extra flavor shots!
- Root Beer (3/5) – A accurate-tasting Root Beer flavor, even though it’s not our favorite, Mt. Baker Vapor hit the mark if you’re a fan of this popular soda. At only 6mg nicotine, we didn’t get the carbonated affect that some people describe, but it certainly tastes like root beer. MBV recommends mixing it with vanilla or cream flavors, so maybe that’s worth a try.
- Thug Juice (4.5/5) – Thug Juice is one of Mt. Baker’s most popular products, and even though we’re not big fans of menthol flavors, we thought it was important for us to try it out. It’s definitely strong in the menthol department, but it’s nicely complimented by surprisingly sweet watermelon and grape undertones. It was a refreshing change that surprised us all and it certainly gained some new fans! Super tasty and flavorful, a great way to mix it up when you’re looking for a change of pace.
Our Mt. Baker Consensus
It’s tough to complain about e-juice when it costs so little and you have so many different options available. Although we definitely picked some winners here, we’ve dealt with our fair share of losers at Mt. Baker before, and this time was no exception. Coconut Cream Pie was definitely the worst, and Razzleberry lacked the flavor a few of us were expecting. A couple more weeks of steeping did help, but when you have so many choices and you’re paying less than half the cost of other vendors, you should expect a few failures along the way.
Standouts that we would definitely recommend again include: Cinnamon Roll, Blue Moo, Banana Nut Bread, Moo Juice, Pear and Thug Juice. And if you’re looking for a higher-quality “craft” product that’s been fully pre-steeped, consider Mt. Baker Vapor’s new Gwar line of e-liquid (review coming shorty.)
If you’re looking for options and the ability to customize your e-juice, Mt. Baker Vapor is certainly one of the best choices around. For the novice, it can be a bit overwhelming trying to pick the right mix, but with prices as low as $4.99 per 15ml bottle, it won’t break the bank to do a little testing. We recommend at least one flavor shot, and plenty of experimentation. With so many different options, it may take a few attempts, but you’re bound to find some winners at Mt. Baker.
Expert Flavor Feedback…
I’ve been vaping Mt. Baker Vapor’s Cinnamon Roll ever since our review, and it’s definitely one of my favorite dessert varieties. Tasty and sweet… great with a morning cup of Joe! The same goes for Banana Nut Bread, which is just as delicious. I enjoyed Pear, and even though I’m not a menthol guy, Thug Juice has been making random appearances in my flavor rotation. Not something I vape every day, but it’s definitely grown on me. I can see why it’s so popular. – Jeremy Salter