I’ll be the first to admit that tobacco-flavored e-juice isn’t as appealing as it was when I first started vaping. Like most people I picked up e-cigs to quit smoking, and the most natural transition was to vape on full-flavored tobacco blends. But after I kicked my nasty smoking habit, I slowly transitioned into sweeter, more flavorful varieties. I would say fruit-flavored e-juice is my favorite, but I still like to experiment and switch it up on occasion. At times, a flavorful tobacco e-juice provides a nice break from overly sweet candy or fruit flavors, and its natural, earthy tone helps to cleanse my palette. Here are some of my personal tobacco favorites:
Tribeca was was one of my first go-to tobacco flavors, and I still enjoy it immensely to this day. It falls into the “RY4” category (a combination of tobacco, caramel and vanilla), although I like to compare the flavor to that of a graham cracker. It has a subtle, graham cracker-like sweetness with just mild undertones of tobacco. Hints of vanilla and caramel tie together perfectly to create a smooth all-day-vape. From Halo Cigs:
There’s a reason Tribeca is regarded as one of the top e-liquid flavors in the entire industry—and if you’ve tried it, you already know why. This Spinfuel Choice award winner’s smooth tobacco notes blend with just a touch of vanilla and caramel to produce a satisfying e-liquid with a sweet finish.
Although Halo (above) is known for their excellent assortment of flavorful tobacco e-liquid, it’s safe to say that Black Note is for the true tobacco aficionados. Although it’s certainly pricey ($29 per 30ml), they’re one of the few companies using only natural tobacco extracts. Each flavor is unique and authentic! I like my tobacco on the mild side, so Prelude is my personal favorite. Derived from Virginia tobacco, it has a natural, subtle sweetness that goes down smooth. If you dig natural tobacco, Black Note has something for you. From JuiceDB:
Prelude is the best natural tobacco flavor I have ever had, a natural sweetness that you can’t fake. After spending hundred’s of dollars on imitation tobacco flavors I am so delighted to have found the Black Note Company. Prelude is light and airy; naturally sweet and with no nasty chemical after taste. The company and packaging is as world class as the juice.
Definitely one of the best tobacco e-juice flavors on the market, Ripe Vapes’ VCT is similar to an RY4 — minus the caramel with a creamy vanilla custard flavor. It starts off silky and sweet, and then finishes off smooth with rich tobacco notes and hints of almond. A perfect all day vape that’s extremely well-balanced. A reviewer from All The Juices definitely seems to agree:
Probably the best tobacco flavor I’ve ever had, couldn’t stop vaping it until the whole bottle was gone. Perfect ADV!
I didn’t think much of Vapor Fi when I tried their standard e-liquid for the first time, but my opinion changed when their higher-end “Grand Reserve” line was launched. They have a couple unique and tasty options, but Havana Beach (formerly Moraccan Gold) is the only complex tobacco blend; and boy was it a surprise! Even though tobacco flavors aren’t always my thing, this one was truly enjoyable with the perfect amount of mild tobacco, caramel and a hint of coconut. From Vapor Fi:
VaporFi’s Grand Reserve captures the relaxation of the Cuban shore with Havana Beach. This juice begins with a smooth mild tobacco dancing elegantly alongside a creamy caramel front note. While you take in the aromatic and flavorful inhale, imagine a coconut falling from a tree filling out the flavor body.
NicQuid’s SOHO is another RY4-type flavor, but with a slightly nuttier, roasted feel. It doesn’t have quite as much caramel as the other RY4’s I’ve listed so far and the vanilla is barely noticeable, providing a soft, creamy and nutty vape. It almost tastes like hazelnut, with a mild tobacco undertone that works perfectly for me. One NicQuid reviewer had this to say:
I am not normally a tobacco flavor fan, but I love this flavor! Slightly sweet, nutty and creamy, this is a fantastic flavor for everyone, tobacco flavor fan or not. Yum!
Tobacco E-Liquid Honorable Mentions:
Although I wouldn’t consider myself a full blown expert on tobacco-flavored e-juice, I’ve experimented with plenty of different companies and have formed some strong personal preferences over time. Here are some honorable mentions that didn’t make my Top 5 tobacco e-liquid list:
- Eclipse (Space Jam) – Not my absolute fav, but a nice combo of cavendish tobacco and sweet vanilla custard. Earthy, creamy and moderately sweet.
Available online at: Direct Vapor, Vapor DNA
- El Blacco (G2 Vapor) – Probably the most unique tobacco e-liquid I’ve ever tried, El Blacco is a mellow mix of blackberries, pipe tobacco and vanilla. A tasty and distinct option if you’d like to change things up.
Available online at: Huff & Puffers
- Fillmore (Frisco Vapor) – Aged tobacco blend with notes of peanut butter, bananas and honey. A perfect combination of flavors.
Available online at: Breazy.com, Direct Vapor
- GwaRy4 (Mt. Baker Vapor) – One of the better RY4 e-juice flavors I’ve tried, Mt. Baker’s version is a flavor-filled combo of tobacco, vanilla and caramel.
Available online at: Mt. Baker Vapor
- Jon Wayne (Uncle Junk’s) – Yet another RY4 flavor with tobacco, vanilla, caramel and maybe a bit of honey or brown sugar. It’s tough to nail down the subtle differences, but this one is good.
Available online at: Breazy.com, Vapor Beast
- Prime 15 (Halo) – My second favorite tobacco e-juice from Halo. Not as sweet as Tribeca (above), but closer to a traditional cigarette with just a hint of dry, subtle sweetness at the very end.
Available online at: Halo Cigs
- Tobacco D’Oro (CRFT) – Smooth and delicious combination of tobacco with hazelnut and vanilla cream. Reminiscent of a flavorful cup of hazelnut coffee – minus the coffee of course. Perfect in the morning!
Available online at: Breazy.com
- Tripoli (Charlie Noble) – A unique and flavorful mix of Turkish tobacco, figs, almonds and spices. Tripoli is a complex blend of earthy ingredients with a soft, nutty sweetness. Well-balanced and smooth…
Available online at: Breazy.com, LiteCigUSA
Well it’s obvious that I enjoy tobacco flavors with sweet, subtle nuances. What are your favorite tobacco e-juice flavors? Please share in the comments below: