Jvapes is a little bit different than the e-juice companies we’ve reviewed so far. With full-service vape shops in AZ and CO, they’re not a large, exclusive e-juice “manufacturer” per se, but they do have a variety of complex flavors produced in their AEMSA certified lab. Available at 50/50 or 30/70 PG/VG, Jvapes e-liquid is moderately priced and exceptionally good, despite their smaller size.
About Jvapes E-Juice
Jvapes is a small retail vape supplier based in Prescott, AZ. With three brick-and-mortar retail locations in AZ and CO, they offer a wide selection of vaping gear; including a variety of high-end mods and numerous accessories. Best known for their unique line of e-juice, Jvapes has been serving online customers for the past several years, earning the company a dedicated following and a strong reputation as a premium e-juice maker.
Despite their retail roots, Jvapes follows the same strict quality control guidelines incorporated by larger, more exclusive e-juice companies. Their lab is AEMSA and ISO certified, producing safe and consistent products with only quality USP and GRAS-approved ingredients.
Opinion of Jvapes E-Liquid
At first glance, Jvapes may appear to be your average, run-of-the-mill e-juice supplier. Nothing flashy or exciting about the name and their logo is plain and uninspiring. Jvapes e-liquid comes in traditional plastic bottles, and in our opinion the labels look amateurly designed; but that’s where the criticism stops. They may not have an expert marketing team or professional graphic artists, but Jvapes certainly knows how to create great tasting e-juice.
With over 50 flavors at 50/50 PG/VG, and several “Black Label” products at 30/70 PG/VG, Jvapes has a huge selection of unique and flavorful choices. The “Basics” are limited to just twelve flavors, with the rest being creative, complex mixtures that truly set them apart. To be honest, we expected average, mediocre e-juice… but received exactly the opposite for our JVapes review.
Well-balanced and flavorful… we were extremely impressed with almost all of our choices. We chose six flavors at 6mg and the JVapes team was kind enough to send us a few extra samples. After two weeks of steeping and several days of testing each flavor, here’s what we thought of Jvapes e-juice:
Jvapes E-Liquid Flavors:
- Abbey Lane (3.5/5) – A decent option from Jvapes, but with so many great choices available it certainly wasn’t our favorite. Described as a “deliciously smooth blend of fruits and cream,” we’re still not sure how to accurately explain it. It borders on the lightly creamy and mildly tart side during inhale, followed by a bit more cream on exhale with subtle sweetness throughout. The fruit notes were difficult to pinpoint; possibly some strawberry with a bit of tangy apple and / or blueberry? A few of us thought that it could have been a little sweeter, but it was still enjoyable.
- Fruity Dragon (4/5) – Although it has a noticeable dragon fruit theme, Fruity Dragon is no one trick pony. Just like Abbey Lane (and so many Jvapes e-juice flavors), it’s hard to determine exactly what’s been mixed-in, but this flavor is complex and delicious; providing a sweet and slightly tangy mix of dragon-y fruits that finishes off smooth like cotton candy. Very tasty!
- Furry Wall (5/5) – With a strange name like “Furry Wall,” it should come as no surprise that this was one of the hardest Jvapes e-juice flavors to describe. Another flavorful fruit blend, Furry Wall is well-balanced, refreshing and smooth, anchored by (what is described as) papaya. To be honest, we weren’t sure if we could taste papaya or any one particular fruit flavor… but it was complex, unique and ultra-tasty! Definitely one of our favorites at Jvapes, but it’s impossible for us to compare it to anything else. Guess you’ll have to give it a try and find out for yourself! An excellent all-day vape.
- Chameleon (4.5/5) – Another JVapes flavor that we thoroughly enjoyed, Chameleon is a melon-inspired e-juice with an obvious honeydew base mixed with cantaloupe and a bit of watermelon. It’s billed as a flavor that “changes with every puff,” but it stayed consistent for us… consistently good! Like most of Jvapes e-liquid flavors, it’s hard to pinpoint just one flavor note. A well-balanced melon blend with it’s own unique flair.
- Purple Sticky Punch (5/5) – Finally… a Jvapes e-juice flavor that we can easily describe! Purple Sticky Punch is a mix of grape, blackberry and other fruits, but to us it tastes exactly like Purplesaurus Rex Kool-Aid. If you’re not familiar with the popular kids drink from the 80s, then standard grape Kool-Aid is pretty close, although it has a bit more depth and complexity. It’s certainly heavy on the grape, but it’s a sweet grape candy (not an authentic one) with some other tangy fruit notes. Smooth, refreshing and sweet.
- Ridin Nerdy (4.5/5) – The name says it all… NERDS CANDY. Sugary sweet with a mild sour kick, a full assortment of fruits is combined to accurately mimic this popular treat. Satisfy your sweet tooth without the calories… no complaints about this one. Smooth, accurate and flavorful.
- Yellow Submarine (5/5) – Although we thoroughly enjoyed most of Jvapes flavors, Yellow Sub was probably our favorite e-juice during this review. JVapes calls it a “psychedelic blend of fruits,” and since it was hard to pick out one particular fruit flavor, that’s probably a good description. It’s definitely sweet with a slightly tropical feel, but light and refreshing without any sour or tangy undertones. Most likely a mango blend with some pineapple, but it’s hard to say since it was mixed so well and tasted so smooth. A must-try!
- Vanilla Cola (3/5) – We picked this flavor just to mix it up, since everything else we chose was fruit. Nothing special about this e-juice and it tasted relatively accurate, although the first few drags had a couple of us thinking it was root beer rather than cola. After a few puffs the vanilla cola became more apparent and it wasn’t too bad, but it was definitely too much after a full tank. Decent in spurts, but not the best all-day-vape.
Let’s be honest, we have e-juice companies requesting reviews all the time; but unfortunately, we’re forced to turn many of them away. Not only is it time-consuming, but there are hundreds of choices and we have to be extremely selective about what we chose to cover. We can’t possibly review everything!
Jvapes offered to send us samples on several occasions, but we passed them up to test some of the more popular and well-known e-juice brands. Eventually we accepted, expecting to receive your average, local vape store e-juice, but it’s safe to say that we were SHOCKED by the results. Not only was Jvapes’ e-liquid exceptionally good; in-line with some of the most reputable, premium e-juice suppliers, but their products are quite a bit cheaper – $12 per 30ml vs. $20+.
Even though most of our choices were fruit-flavored varieties (preferred by our team), these weren’t your standard, run-of-the-mill e-juice flavors. Yellow Sub, Furry Wall, Fruity Dragon, Chameleon and Purple Sticky Punch were all OUTSTANDING! We can’t vouch for the rest of their line, but if you enjoy unique and complex fruit-flavored varieties, Jvapes has some exceptional choices. We don’t give 9+ ratings often, but in the case of Jvapes… we highly recommend you give them a shot!
Expert Flavor Feedback…
I’ll be the first to admit that I was skeptical about Jvapes before completing this review. Like many companies, they were persistent about sending us samples and claimed their e-juice was outstanding, but I was expecting it to be average at best. Boy was I wrong! I’ve tried plenty of premium fruit flavors and Jvapes’ was right up there with the big dogs! I still can’t get enough of Yellow Submarine, and Chameleon and Purple Sticky Punch have been regulars in my rotation. A re-order is coming again shortly and I’ve already recommended Jvapes to personal friends. A+ Jeremy Salter