Halo E-Juice Review
Halo offers an excellent line of quality electronic cigarettes, but they’re best known for their tasty selection of e-liquid and smoke juice. Although you won’t find many fruity or overly sweet options at Halo, their award winning e-juice features an excellent assortment of 20+ tobacco, menthol and gourmet flavors, consisting of only USP grade PG/VG and GRAS approved flavorings.
More About Halo E-Liquid
New Jersey-based Halo Cigs may not be the most exclusive juice company (afterall, they also produce several e-cigarettes), but they’re well-known among the vaping community because of their outstanding selection of high-quality products. Like all reputable e-juice makers, Halo’s e-liquid is fully developed in the U.S.A and manufactured under strict laboratory conditions with only US-sourced ingredients. All of Halo’s ingredients are FDA and FEMA approved, with USP PG/VG and GRAS approved flavorings.
Not only does Halo follow strict quality control guidelines, but they monitor and test all of their e-juice products for quality and consistency. Each bottle is shipped with an expiration date, and unlike many vendors they also include Lot Numbers, for tracking and transparency.
Our Halo Juice Review
Just look at Halo’s packaging and their attention to detail is obvious. That same level of consideration was undoubtedly applied to their flavors, which are both innovative and delicious. Halo offers twelve rich tobacco blends, each with it’s own unique twist and subtle hints of dry, sweet and spicy undertones. They also offer four menthol varieties and seven gourmet (dessert) flavors.
With about 20 different flavor choices, Halo doesn’t have the widest selection of e-liquid , but where they lack in quantity they definitely make-up for in QUALITY. So far, we’ve tested a dozen of Halo’s e-liquids and everyone on our team agrees that they provide an extremely rich and well-balanced vape. If you’re looking for overly sweet candy or fruit flavors, search elsewhere, but if you’re looking for rich, refined flavors with a twist – Halo is one of the best companies around.
Unfortunately, Halo doesn’t offer customizable PG/VG blends, and to top it off they don’t disclose the exact PG/VG make-up their smoke juice. They’re obviously trying to keep their recipes a secret, but from what we can tell, each flavor is uniquely crafted to produce the best combination of taste, vapor and throat hit – and we definitely think they do an excellent job. We purchased a 6-pack sampler for this review, here is an overview of each flavor we tested:
- Belgian Cocoa (4.5/5) – Definitely one of the richest and most authentic chocolate flavors around! Not your overly sweet chocolate milkshake type of flavor, but a dry, rich cocoa that is mildly sweet and super delicious. An excellent all-day-vape that mixes well with Kringles Curse.
- Malibu (3.5/5) – This seems to be a very popular flavor, but we’re not big menthol (or pina colada) fans, so that definitely affected our rating. Overall, it was a well-balanced vape with a light kick of menthol and midly sweet undertones. Not a bad flavor, just not our cup of tea.
- Prime 15 (4.5/5) – This was one of our favorite “tobacco” blends, with a mellow earthy flavor during inhale, and lightly sweet on exhale. It had a nice throat hit, without being overly powerful like some of Halo’s flavors. An authentic tasting variety that’s smooth and satisfying.
- Torque 56 (3/5) – If you’re looking for a rich, authentic and powerful tobacco blend… this is the one! It’s almost like toking on a real cigarette, with a super strong throat hit and a rich, musky flavor. We prefer a little sweetness, but this is perfect for hardcore tobacco guys.
- Tribeca (5/5) – Definitely our favorite flavor out of the bunch! It’s considered a tobacco blend, but it has a smooth, subtle sweetness that makes it closer to a desert flavor – almost like a graham cracker. Hints of vanilla and caramel make this a smooth and delicious all-day-vape.
- Voodoo (4/5) – Voodoo is a complex blend of flavors that is a bit difficult to describe. It’s undoubtedly rich like most of Halo’s flavors, with sweet and spicy cinnamon, a little bit of vanilla and a hint of plum. It’s probably not for everyone, but we enjoyed it. Very unique and flavorful!
* Honorable mentions from other tests: Kringles Curse and Shamrock
Compared to some e-juice vendors, Halo’s e-liquid is kind of pricey. You may not have a ton of flavor choices or the ability to customize your own PG/VG blends, but if you enjoy rich menthol and tobacco varieties, Halo has some of the best e-juice around. Their handcrafted, American-made products are unique and flavorful – a great option for those with more complex tastes.
Expert Flavor Feedback…
Although I typically prefer desert or fruit-flavored varieties, I was definitely impressed with Halo’s unique line-up. Tribeca and Prime15 were big winners for me, producing excellent vapor that was nice and smooth, with mildly sweet undertones. Belgian Cocoa and Voodoo were both rich and delicious, but probably a little too much for all-day use. I wasn’t a fan of Malibu, and Torque56 was too harsh, but a few of these flavors will undoubtedly get added to my stash. – Jeremy Salter
This is our Halo e-juice rating. How would you rate Halo e-liquid? What do you think about the company and their products? Please feel free to share!
Ever since Dekang re-worked their RY4 formula, it has never tasted as good as it did. Halo’s Tribeca is by far the best tasting RY4 there is. If you are a fan of RY4, you owe it to yourself to try it. They are pricey by other e-liquid standards, but I haven’t found a better RY4 vape than this.