Cuttwood E-Juice Review
Cuttwood, also referred to as “The Sauce Boss,” is a premium e-juice maker with a small collection of rich and flavorful e-juice blends.
You'll find their products at a wide range of retailers across the US and around the world.
Even though their selection is quite limited, they're extremely well-known and their flavors are considered to be some of the best. These guys really focus on quality, not quantity.
What do we think about Cuttwood e-juice? Let's get into the details…
About Cuttwood E-Liquid
Like so many of the top e-juice companies in the United States, Cuttwood is an Orange County native located in Irvine, California. Founded in 2013, the company is heavily involved in e-cig advocacy and participating in community events – they even sponsor a racing team.
An “Honorable Mention” on our best e-juice list, their primary focus is on producing high quality products that are both consistent and flavorful. You can find Cuttwood e-liquid at vape shops around the country and sold at reputable online suppliers such as Breazy.com, and Vapor DNA.
This is definitely no second-rate operation, Cuttwood does extensive research and puts all of their products through rigorous testing before bringing anything to market. They have a medical grade lab and production facility; ensuring that all of their e-juice is safe and produced to the highest quality standards.
Our Cuttwood Review
With only five different flavors to consider, it was pretty easy for us to put together a full Cuttwood e-juice review. Most of the blends are 70/30 VG/PG, although Boss Reserve is a 65/35 mix.
Even though this was our first experience with Cuttwood e-liquid, it's safe to say that Unicorn's Milk is the most popular and it was definitely the one we were the most excited to try.
We purchased a 30ml bottle of each flavor at 3mg, let them steep for 2 weeks (although it probably wasn't necessary) and then each member of our team vaped each one for a day or two.
Here's what we thought….
Cuttwood E-Juice Flavors
- Bird Brains (3/5) – There are plenty of fruity cereal flavors on the market, and Bird Brains is one of the better ones we've tried, but probably not the absolute best. Depending on the device and wattage, the flavor notes varied quite a bit with this e-juice. You undoubtedly get a fruit loop / fruity pebble feel, but sometimes it tasted more fruity, other times more creamy. We thought that that it could have been a little bit stronger in the sweetness department, but it was definitely smooth and enjoyable.
- Boss Reserve (5/5) – Boss Reserve is undoubtedly one of Cuttwood's best e-juice flavors, but it's also sold at a premium. It's super complex and flavorful; an awesome mix of graham cracker, honey, nuts, banana and milk – all rolled into one. We've heard it compared to Honey'Nut Cheerios or Golden Grahams cereal, but it's much more complex than that. Upon inhale it's milky and sweet, like a honey / graham cereal, but it finishes off strong with a rich array of flavors. Bananas, cream and maybe a hint of rum or brown sugar thrown into the mix. We picked up something a little bit different with each puff, although it may be too rich and flavorful for some.
- Mega Melons (4.5/5) – Described as a blend of mango, cantaloupe and papaya, Mega Melons (formerly Monster Melons) is right up there with some of the better fruit flavors we've tried. Compared to Boss Reserve it's quite a bit lighter in the flavor department, but that's certainly what you'd expect from a melon-inspired flavor – and Monster Melons delivers. It's starts off with the high pitched sweetness of cantaloupe and possibly some watermelon and honey dew, followed by a bit of tropical tanginess from mango and papaya. It's hard to pinpoint each specific fruit flavor, but it's blended extremely well and the flavors seem to compliment each other perfectly.
- Sugar Drizzle (4/5) – Like Boss Reserve, Sugar Drizzle (formerly called Sugar Bear) is a tasty cross between a dessert and a cereal vape. Actually… it's probably more of a cereal variety; a mix of cinnamon, cream and milk that closely resembles Cinnamon Toast Crunch. There's also a bit of graham cracker flavor in it that had it tasting more like Teddy Grahams at times. Either way, we're fans! You get a nice balance of cinnamon and graham cracker, but the amount of creamy milk seemed to vary between devices. Some of us thought it was more like the cereal, others more like a Cinnamon Bun, but in either case it's definitely a flavor that we all enjoyed.
- Unicorn Milk (3.5/5) – Undoubtedly the most popular (and hyped) Cuttwood e-juice flavor, Unicorn Milk is described as a blend of natural strawberries and creams. We found it to be more creamy than fruity, although the strawberry flavor was certainly natural and not an overly sweet candied variety. Very close to Suicide Bunny's Mother's Milk, with maybe just a little less sweetness. We enjoyed both, but were expecting more of a rich custard-y type flavor from Cuttwood. Instead it was more like a Strawberry Nesquik; very creamy, milky and just mildly sweet with hints of strawberry flavoring. Certainly good… but not quite what we were expecting…
Cuttwood has earned a strong reputation over the past few years, and we can certainly see why they've become so popular. Although their selection is limited, and a bit pricey, for the most part they seem to have perfected each their flavors and there isn't one that we wouldn't happily vape again.
Although we did feel slightly let down by Unicorn Milk, there are thousands of people who absolutely love it, and it's by far the most popular Cuttwood e-liquid flavor. Make no mistake, it was a smooth and tasty blend that didn't go to waste, it just wasn't quite as good as we expected. Of course everyone's personal preferences are a little bit different, and there's no doubt that our expectations were EXTREMELY HIGH.
We thought it was just a slightly above average strawberry cream blend, but ultimately you'll need to be the judge.
Expert Flavor Feedback…
This was my first experience with Cuttwood, and the expectations were definitely high – especially for Unicorn Milk. Suicide Bunny's version is one of my all-time favorites, and even though Unicorn Milk was similar, it just wasn't as good as Mother's Milk in my opinion. With that being said, all of their flavors were pretty darn good – especially Boss Reserve. Rich, complex and flavorful… definitely worth the high price tag. Sugar Bear was another tasty dessert flavor and I enjoyed Monster Melons as well. All are delicious options that you should try for your self… – Vanessa Salias