Space Jam is undoubtedly one of the most recognized e-juice brands in the country, thanks (in part) to their spacey, cosmic-inspired theme. Despite the gimmicky feel, Space Jam has some outstanding e-juice – especially when it comes to their delicious fruit-flavored selections. With 8 tasty flavor choices, Space Jam’s e-liquid is a bit pricey, but we certainly think it’s worth a try.
About Space Jam E-Liquid
When Space Jam was founded back in 2012 it was an immediate hit, sending Space Jam’s e-juice into orbit around the country. These days Space Jam can be found almost everywhere, including reputable vaping suppliers such as Direct Vapor, Vapor DNA, Vapor Kings and more. Space Jam has earned a strong reputation among vaping enthusiasts, so if you haven’t heard about them yet, it’s time to check out their unique line of products. The #3 Pick on Our Top Craft E-Juice List, Space Jam is a serious player in the premium e-liquid game.
Like many of the country’s leading e-juice suppliers, Space Jam is located in Southern California where all of their e-liquid is developed in a GMP and ISO certified lab. Founded in 2012, they’ve been slowly building their product line which now includes eight flavors. Each is handcrafted to perfection, fine-tuned for the highest quality and complexities. Unique and creative fruit-flavored varieties are their main forte, but they offer several rich and tasty dessert blends as well.
Space Jam e-juice is available in 15ml and 30ml bottles, in a full-range of nicotine strengths, from zero to 24mg. Although their PG/VG ratio isn’t disclosed, we’ve been told that they range from 40/60 to 50/50 PG/VG, depending on the flavor.
Our Space Jam Review
Prior to this review our team had a decent amount of experience with Space Jam e-liquid. Andromeda was the first to hit our radar several years ago, and Astro has been a favorite for quite some time. Despite our prior exposure, we decided to give a full run of all eight Space Jam e-juice flavors and provide some feedback. With several new releases this year, we were excited to give them all a try! After 30 days of steeping, here is an overview of each and how our team rated each flavor.
Space Jam E-Juice Flavors:
- Andromeda (4/5) – Andromeda was the flavor that started it all. A creamy blend of blueberries and pomegranate that’s smooth, flavorful and subtly sweet. There’s a definite emphasis on blueberry during inhale; although it’s a more natural blueberry flavor rather than overly sweet candy. Upon exhale the sweetness intensifies, with a bit of tangy pomegranate and a hint of cream. Delicate and well-balanced… an excellent all-day-vape.
- Astro (5/5) – As mentioned, our team has had a fair share of experience with Astro… and it’s of the best fruit flavors on the market! Described as a “unique and refreshing blend of apples and strawberries with juicy peach undertones,” at times its hard to pinpoint a specific flavor – a fruit medley that’s well balanced and extremely flavorful. Soft apple upon inhale with a strawberry-peach exhale. Like a juicy piece of bubbalicious gum!
- Eclipse (3/5) – For the most part, our team has moved well beyond tobacco flavors, but if tobacco is your thing then Eclipse is certainly worth a shot. Along the lines of a traditional RY4, it has a mildly spicy and sweet cavedish tobacco flavor upon inhale, followed by a strong vanilla bean exhale with just a hint of caramel. Vanilla seems to dominate the flavor profile, but it’s not so sweet that you can’t appreciate the subtle spicy dryness of tobacco. A well-balanced vanilla / tobacco mix, but probably not for hardcore tobacco enthusiasts looking for a strong tobacco blend.
- Galactica (4/5) – One of Space Jam’s newest e-juice flavors, Galactica is described as a blend of fresh strawberries “with crisp champagne notes on exhale”. Certainly not the most complex e-juice in their lineup, Galactica makes up for its simplicity with a refreshingly flavorful vape that’s super tasty and sweet. Authentic strawberry flavor, followed by a fresh, clean champagne aftertaste, it’s tough to separate the layers but it’s certainly not your standard strawberry e-juice. A soft, subtle flavor that won’t overwhelm your taste buds, with just a subtle hint of sparkling champagne.
- Omega (3.5/5) – Two of us really enjoyed Space Jam’s Omega, but not everyone on our team is a fan of peach flavors so that certainly impacted our overall rating. Described as a “sophisticated blend of spiced peaches and sweet cream,” Omega has a mild, spicy sweetness that dominates the inhale, followed by a natural peach exhale softened by sweet vanilla cream. A very authentic and subtle flavor reminiscent of peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream. A tasty and flavorful option, without being overly sweet.
- Pluto (5/5) – Despite the fact that none of us regular vape menthol or mint flavors, Pluto, which includes a just bit of mint, was one of our favorite Space Jam flavors. A unique watermelon, bubblegum mix, the mint was so subtle that it didn’t overpower the sweet, fruity deliciousness. Pluto was tasty and flavorful, with a smooth and ultra refreshing aftertaste. The watermelon dominates the flavor profile, with a soft bubblegum backdrop and a faint mint undertone. Think minty watermelon Jolly Rancher. Unique and flavorful with the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Starship 1 (4.5/5) – We heard it through the grapevine that Starship 1 has been temporarily discontinued – that’s a shame. Apparently ingredient sourcing issues have stopped production, so we’re not sure if (or when) it will come back. It’s a great flavor, and since we purchased it for our Space Jam review we’ll throw in our opinion anyways. Rich, vanilla custard on inhale with just a slight hint of sweet, tangy kiwi on exhale. The kiwi profile seemed to change with each puff; ranging from lightly fruity to a bit more tangy. It was an interesting compliment to the creamy custard flavor, which was especially sweet and tasty. Worth a shot… if you can find it.
- Venus (3.5/5) – The latest release from Space Jam, Venus is only the second non-fruit flavored liquid in their lineup, a mix of “golden roasted marshmallows infused with peanut butter, drizzled with caramel and hints of cream.” There’s a pretty good mix of all these flavors, although the peanut butter makes it stand out from the crowd, providing a bit of salty nut flavor in the background, complimented by the sweet caramel and cream. Very smooth and well-balanced throughout, perfect for dessert lovers seeking a complex and mildly sweet all-day-vape.
Space Jam is one of the most recognized brands of e-liquid on the market, and there are plenty of good reasons for their enormous popularity. The cosmic, space-inspired theme certainly plays a role, but creative branding will only take a company so far until the truth becomes known. We found Space Jam’s e-liquid to be unique, flavorful and deliciously smooth; resulting in some of the tastiest fruit-flavored varieties we’ve ever tried. We weren’t overly impressed with their tobacco (Eclipse) or dessert (Venus) options, but the bar was set high by their outstanding fruit blends. Priced similar to most “craft” e-juice products, is it worth the extra price? Ultimately you’ll need to be the judge.
Expert Flavor Feedback…
I’ve been a fan of Space Jam e-juice for a while now and absolutely love their flavors. Astro is outstanding, Galactica is refreshingly sweet, and I was pleasantly surprised by Pluto’s combination of watermelon and mint. To be honest, the only flavor I couldn’t see myself vaping regularly is Eclipse; primarily because it’s a tobacco flavor. The only true dessert blend (Venus) wasn’t bad, but there are lots of dessert flavors I like better. All-in-all, I’d say Space Jam definitely stands out from the crowd, especially when it comes to their unique and tasty fruit flavors. – Vanessa Salias