Volcano E-Liquid Review
Volcano is a well-established electronic cigarette company with a nice range of starter kits, accessories and 30+ premium e-liquids. They offer several traditional flavors, as well as a variety of unique, Hawaiian-inspired e-juice blends. Made in the USA with only U.S. sourced ingredients, Volcano e-liquid is lab tested for safety and consists of high quality, USP-grade 70/30 PG/VG.
More About Volcano E-Juice
Based out of Honolulu, Hawaii, Volcano E-Cigs has been producing it’s high quality line of electronic cigarettes and smoke juice since 2009. In just a few short years the company has expanded worldwide, with numerous manufacturing and retail locations located the United States, Europe and Southeast Asia.
In regards to their e-juice, Volcano does all of it’s research, development and manufacturing right here in the USA. In addition, all of the high-quality ingredients (PG, VG, nicotine, and flavorings) are sourced in the U.S. and mixed under the most strict laboratory conditions.
Our Opinion of Volcano E-Liquid
Volcano offers a complete line of 30+ e-liquids, ranging from traditional options like tobacco and menthol, to a variety of fruit, candy, beverage and dessert flavors. You’ll definitely find some unique options at Volcano, with Hawaiian-inspired choices like: Halawa Guava, Jungle Fruit, Kawika’s Kiwi, Lahaina Lychee and more.
As you’d expect from a heavier 70% PG mix, the vapor isn’t super impressive with Volcano’s e-juice, but the flavor is excellent and it produces more than enough vapor to keep you satisfied. Most of the liquids we tried matched their descriptions well and we were happy with most of our choices. We chose six flavors for this review: Bluewater Punch, Choconilla Haze, Ono Orange Cream, Pele’s Papaya, Red Hot Lava and Sweet Tart. Here is a quick overview and ratings for each:
- Bluewater Punch (3.5/5) – Bluewater Punch is described as a “fruity bouquet of blueberry, watermelon and fruit punch,” and that’s probably pretty accurate, but it was definitely a bit tangier than we expected. Luckily, the watermelon sweetened it up and the blueberries gave it a refreshing aftertaste. Not our favorite, but worth a shot if you’re in to tangy fruits.
- Choconilla Haze (4/5) – A tasty dessert flavor that most of us enjoyed, Choconilla Haze is a tasty combination of chocolate, vanilla and hazelnut. Chocolate-flavored e-juice isn’t everyone’s cup of tea on our team, but the vanilla was a nice touch and hazelnut provided a smooth, nutty aftertaste. A well-balanced and mellow dessert vape. Delicious!
- Red Hot Lava (4/5) – Cinnamon flavors always seem to gain our support, so Red Hot Lava was bound to be one of our favorites. Although it’s certainly not the best cinnamon flavor we’ve ever tried, it’s definitely tasty and hard to put down. Just like cinnamon Red Hot candies, it leaves a spicy and mildly sweet flavor on your tongue, with a nice throat hit to boot.
- Ono Orange Cream (3.5/5) – Tastes just like an orange push up. Creamy, fruity and delicious! Although it didn’t top our list, we all agreed that it was smooth and accurate. It probably could have been a little sweeter, but it was still enjoyable and would make a great all-day flavor.
- Pele’s Papaya (4.5/5) – Definitely on the sweeter side, Pele’s Papaya tastes just like the fruit with a mildly tangy aftertaste that was surprisingly good. It certainly has a tropical feel, with the perfect amount of sweet, papaya goodness. A refreshing summertime vape that you’re sure to enjoy.
- Sweet Tart (2.5/5) – Just like the candy, without being overly sweet. Although it probably tastes like it should, this was our least favorite flavor because of the overwhelmingly sour aftertaste. Pucker up!
All of the flavors we tested were well-balanced and smooth, although the sweetness was a bit on the lighter side. Volcano isn’t exactly what we would consider a dedicated “craft” e-juice supplier, but their flavors were crisp and tasty, without being too rich or overpowering. If you prefer smooth and subtle e-liquid flavors, most of the options we tried could easily be vaped all day.
Unfortunately, Volcano’s e-juice is only available in 70/30 PG/VG and they only offer four nicotine levels, so if you’re looking for more options you’ll need to shop elsewhere. 70/30 PG/VG offers accurate flavor with a nice throat hit, but it lacks a bit in the vapor department and isn’t well-suited for VG fans.
If you’re looking for a quality, American-made smoke juice, Volcano is definitely an excellent choice to consider, but at $12.99 for 15ml and no smaller sizes or sampler packs, it isn’t exactly the cheapest or easiest option on the market – and it will be costly to experiment. We’re big fans of all of the Hawaiian-inspired choices, so if you decide to try Volcano’s e-liquid, give one of the fruit flavors a shot.
Expert Flavor Feedback…
Overall, I’d say Volcano’s e-juice is decent for an e-cig manufacturer. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of overly sweet vapes and Volcano seems to do a good job of adding just the right amount of subtle sweetness. Most of the flavors we tried were pretty accurate, although some could definitely be improved. I really enjoyed the Choconilla Haze and Pele’s Papaya, but the Sweet Tart was way too tangy and the Ono Orange Cream was about average. Not the best e-juice I’ve ever tried, but there are some decent options to choose from at Volcano. – Christopher Arthur